"Fine" - I'm right, but I'm tired of arguing. Just shut up already. The end result of "nothing".
"That's okay" - It's far from okay, and sometime soon you will pay for this.
"Nothing" - Definitely something. I shouldn't have to tell you, you should already know. A precursor of "fine".
"Go ahead" - If you do this, I will make your life hell; one way or another.
"Whatever" - Fuck you.
"We need to talk" - I'm pissed, you need to listen to me complain and you better have some useful input.
"What?!" - I heard you, and I'm not impressed. Better think quick.
"I'm sorry" - You were totally in the wrong, and now you hurt my feelings. I don't want to fight anymore.
#2
tick, tick, tick tick tick. She taps away on the keyboard, watching the clock and wondering what the hell she is doing. She hates writing. This was the worst idea ever. But it was too late to worry about any of that. Time to get it all done. She's been scrounging for ideas. Anything. She, for some reason, can't just write about nothing. It needs to be something. Something interesting, something that suits her fancy. This would all be easier if she could just write any ol' crap. She grabs her notebook and scribbles down random ideas, and tries to figure how they could fit in to the themes. None of them work. He had thrown out a dozen suggestions for her, but none of them were anything she wanted to write about. And that's just the problem with her. She needs to want to write it, because anything less isn't good enough for her. And right now, she has no want except to be done.
#2--I used to feel that way, but at some point it became a point of immense pride for me to be able to write when I absolutely did not want to and, what's more, to write well about any stupid topic that showed up. I became a...Writing Warrior!
ReplyDelete1--those are very sharp, very acidic, very insightful
ReplyDelete