Friday, January 20

Week 1: Journal, Day Seven

I realize that a great majority of my of my writing in this week of journal-ing has been bitching and ranting. I think this is likely why I don't keep such things as journals or diaries. I complain. A lot. Granted, sometimes, I honestly do have quite a bit to complain about, but still. I'm sure I could have done something far more creative within this assignment, but to hell with it. I wrote about me. And, a lot about me amounts to some bitching and bullshit. Brad has really seemed to enjoy this first week of creative writing, and overall, I'm glad I'm doing this with him. Watching him do it though.. It really is irksome. He just pauses for a moment, then off he goes, typing about whatever comes to mind. All the while I just sit here, staring blankly, wondering what the hell am I going to write. Which brings me back to the bitching. That comes out really easily, with little thought or effort. So, I guess this week I took the easy way out. Sorry for that.


1 comment:

  1. I had a husband and wife tag team take this course years ago--they both were ace writers, with the wife perhaps AAA to the husband's AA. I don't know what happened--I suspect it had nothing to do with the course and more to do with the Big D which I know he suffered with, but eventually he dropped and she went on to glory in the 162 Writers Hall o' Fame.

    I hated that! I wanted both of them in class, dammit.

    Anyway, I'm sure I could have done something far more creative within this reaction to your post, but to hell with it. I wrote about me. And, a lot about me amounts to some bitching and bullshit.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.