1st Person Autobiography
I don't consider myself much of a writer. Not due to any lack of ability to produce something coherent or legible, but more from a lack of things to write about. When I was younger, I was quite fond of writing poetry and lyrics. I was bursting at the seams with creativity and dreams. But at some point, growing up was such a necessity, that everything else just got brushed aside. Now, years later, I realize how hard it is to find all that crap that was somehow less important in my journey to get here, into the world of adults. Seems to me that it's much more difficult to regain something that's been lost than it is to get it in the first place. I didn't give up writing entirely, but it went from creative to the mundane. I've kept correspondence with friends and family over the years, which is something I enjoy immensely, but it is the art of keeping in touch with people I care for that I am drawn to. But, I guess if written properly, it could be considered creative non-fiction. I am pretty great at verbally vomiting stories from my own experiences, my opinions on a great many things, anything I know or have thoughts on, I can do that. In the college setting, writing research papers on a set topic is easy for me too. But, give me the freedom to write about whatever I want, then you will see me go near-catatonic. Too much choice, and I'm done. Error. Overload. If you were to ask Brad about my decision making capabilities, he would tell you its like hitting your head against a brick wall. I could list off thousands of things I don't want to do right now, movies I don't want to watch, foods I don't want to eat.. But, a majority of the time, I can not for the life of me tell you what I DO want. Not life changing or major things, mind you. I definitely know what I want in life, in the larger scheme of things. But these trivial choices kill me. I need some structure. Some guidance. Some help! Obviously, taking a creative non-fiction class is a bit of a challenge to me, but I look forward to meeting it with my best effort at every turn, and hopefully come out smiling in the end.
I don't consider myself much of a writer. Not due to any lack of ability to produce something coherent or legible, but more from a lack of things to write about. When I was younger, I was quite fond of writing poetry and lyrics. I was bursting at the seams with creativity and dreams. But at some point, growing up was such a necessity, that everything else just got brushed aside. Now, years later, I realize how hard it is to find all that crap that was somehow less important in my journey to get here, into the world of adults. Seems to me that it's much more difficult to regain something that's been lost than it is to get it in the first place. I didn't give up writing entirely, but it went from creative to the mundane. I've kept correspondence with friends and family over the years, which is something I enjoy immensely, but it is the art of keeping in touch with people I care for that I am drawn to. But, I guess if written properly, it could be considered creative non-fiction. I am pretty great at verbally vomiting stories from my own experiences, my opinions on a great many things, anything I know or have thoughts on, I can do that. In the college setting, writing research papers on a set topic is easy for me too. But, give me the freedom to write about whatever I want, then you will see me go near-catatonic. Too much choice, and I'm done. Error. Overload. If you were to ask Brad about my decision making capabilities, he would tell you its like hitting your head against a brick wall. I could list off thousands of things I don't want to do right now, movies I don't want to watch, foods I don't want to eat.. But, a majority of the time, I can not for the life of me tell you what I DO want. Not life changing or major things, mind you. I definitely know what I want in life, in the larger scheme of things. But these trivial choices kill me. I need some structure. Some guidance. Some help! Obviously, taking a creative non-fiction class is a bit of a challenge to me, but I look forward to meeting it with my best effort at every turn, and hopefully come out smiling in the end.
2nd Person Autobiography
You procrastinate too much. You dread writing anything that requires imagination or creativity because you think you lack those qualities. Quite your whining and give it a try. Don't sit there and mull over all the possibilities of what you could write, just start putting it down and see where it takes you. This is not a "Choose Your Own Adventure." You don't get to just fill in the blanks and come out with something worth reading. You got straight A's in your english comp class, and though you may not come out of this being able to write an award winning book, you can gain some knowledge from this experience. You don't have to write anything great. Hell, even the worst garbage, with some good editing, makes the shelves at the bookstore. You are fully capable of banging out a well written paper in little time with minimal effort. So why is writing a simple blog post about yourself as a writer in 2nd person perspective kicking your ass? If you think this is bad, just wait til you finish and have to do the 3rd person perspective. How fun is that going to be? You know the longer you put it off, the more you will stress about it, right?
You procrastinate too much. You dread writing anything that requires imagination or creativity because you think you lack those qualities. Quite your whining and give it a try. Don't sit there and mull over all the possibilities of what you could write, just start putting it down and see where it takes you. This is not a "Choose Your Own Adventure." You don't get to just fill in the blanks and come out with something worth reading. You got straight A's in your english comp class, and though you may not come out of this being able to write an award winning book, you can gain some knowledge from this experience. You don't have to write anything great. Hell, even the worst garbage, with some good editing, makes the shelves at the bookstore. You are fully capable of banging out a well written paper in little time with minimal effort. So why is writing a simple blog post about yourself as a writer in 2nd person perspective kicking your ass? If you think this is bad, just wait til you finish and have to do the 3rd person perspective. How fun is that going to be? You know the longer you put it off, the more you will stress about it, right?
3rd Person Autobiography
She put this off till the last moment. She always does that. This late in the game, she really should have her priorities straight. One would think that throwing ones self into thousands of dollars of debt would be enough motivation to do their best. Still, she wastes time, and money. Putting things off for tomorrow that should be done today. Eventually, this will all catch up with her. And she will fail.
She put this off till the last moment. She always does that. This late in the game, she really should have her priorities straight. One would think that throwing ones self into thousands of dollars of debt would be enough motivation to do their best. Still, she wastes time, and money. Putting things off for tomorrow that should be done today. Eventually, this will all catch up with her. And she will fail.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.